Thursday, August 23, 2012

OWE, I see.


As I am exposed more and more to situations where so much just DOESN'T go right for good people, I am becoming more and more aware of my wonderful set of circumstances.  But along with that recognition comes something I'm not sure I'm handling correctly  

I sort of feel like I "owe" something to someone/somewhere for the wonderful life I am able to live every day.  But, who do I owe, and what do I give?  My parents are some of the best people I have ever met.  My neighborhood is one of the safest places I've ever lived.  My children are all very happy and healthy and making great choices.  My wasband and I get along really well now.  My support group in real life, as well as on FB, is incredible!  I'm 2/3 finished with my master's degree and my internships are all lined up in wonderful places. 

I couldn't ask for more, but... I GOT MORE!  A house basically fell into my lap last night, so I offered (low-balled) and it got accepted within SIX hours!  It's is EXACTLY what I have been looking for for the last 2 years.  I knew it when I first stepped inside of it last night.  Perfect size, perfect location, perfect views, perfect everything!  It has the covered back patio facing the direction I like, a wide front patio/entry with views to die for, a beautiful office right off the entry way where I can eventually have clients when I get my private practice opened, it is 1 mile from Max's school, 7 houses away from my parents, and so much more.

Now what?  Do I claim, "I'm blessed," which gives the notion that he who blesses (as if...) chose me over others?  Do I attribute it to "the secret" because I had a fleeting thought 2 days ago about moving, since my lease is up soon?  Am I just lucky?  Should I feel guilty?  Obliged?  Entitled?  Did I earn this?  


I think I'll just pick "confused," and run with it.  

I'm also going to pick thrilled, ecstatic, and super happy, oh... and scorpion-less!





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe you are just grateful. To whomever. Or whatever. Or just grateful, period.

Keith said...

Wonderful news and yes, great views! Continue living a grateful, positive life and Life will respond to you in kind.

Anonymous said...

It also has spiders. Lots of creepy, crawly spiders. They're hiding in the cracks, waiting to crawl on the ceiling and watch you while you're sleeping.

Enjoy the new place!