Thursday, February 25, 2010

For Sale

My old life.  Yep, I'm selling it.

I'm really good at getting rid of things.  There was a time when I was actually bad at getting rid of things.  I mean, I got really good at getting rid of things that we needed... which ended up being bad.  Things like tax returns, receipts, heirlooms, and so forth.  I guess those are important.  Go figure.  I even got rid of baby stuff after Zach - who was the FIRST child.  Duh!  Who does that?  Gearing up for #2 was just as expensive as #1 since I had to start from scratch.

But, being a quick study (22 years counts as "quick"),  I now only get rid of stuff I really know I won't want in the future. ...and my old life falls under that category.

I'm also selling my house.

2 comments:

JWR said...

They say it takes 18 months to 2 years to effect a complete change in course (career, life, whatever)... Sounds like you are right on track, but wow! Big move. We have real estate on the market right now too, so we can feel the lenthening of the days. (Days on market are like dog year). A happy, quick sale and move.

Gretchen. said...

LOL 18 months to the day... I'm pretty calendar oriented, I guess. By 2 years, I should be well in to the new course - YAHOO!

Real estate is just NOT doing well right now... and there's never been a worse time to sell in Utah County. My timing = perfect!

I hope things perk up in your real estate arena as well.

We need to catch up!