Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Going south to freeze

I didn't want to do it.  I wanted to go south to get WARM!  But no.  The southern warmth gods were on vacation somewhere... and they forgot to leave the sun "on".

February is just NOT my month.  In fact, the only reason I even like Valentines Day is because it means the month is 1/2 over!  I can't get to March fast enough... and even when it comes, I'm yearning for April.  Ahhhh, even seeing the word "April" in print is like using an inhaler.  It just opens my lungs and helps me breath easier... for a few more weeks. 

I've been in St. George for 3 days now... and I've managed to put an offer on a home.  $231,000 to be exact.  Did I come down here with that in mind?  NO!  (Did I tell Richard I was planning on looking for a home down here?  Yes.... but really, I wasn't.  *snort*   Mean, huh?)   But I did!  And I sat down and signed my name on a REPC - for a house that I had seen only 3 hours earlier.

A Fluke.  It was a fluke.  But now I want that fluke to realize its potential in life and turn in to a reality!  I want that home.  I want a "yes" from Fannie Mae.  I want to buy a home all by my little selfy.  Not a refi... cuz I just did that 2 months ago.  Nope, I want to BUY a home.  All new and memoryless and only me as the owner.  Forever.  No one before me - 'cept maybe the bank, because it does happen to be a repo.  (Go figure the builder getting a model home repo-ed!  HA!) 

If I DO get a positive response from old Fannie, I think I'll name the house "fluke".

Fluke and Zippy.  House and car.  Mine and Mine.

I still need the heat one way or the other.  ....please shine down on me!

2 comments:

Doug and Kim Conant said...

Hope you know you're loved wherever you go - north or south - love will follow you!!!!!!!!!

Gretchen. said...

Awwww... thanks! You are one of the things I will miss the very most if this actually happens! :O(