Friday, February 18, 2011

Am I?

I’m enjoying the new-found freedom that being agnostic brings.  At least I THINK I’m agnostic.  Who knows - that is a part of the process I find very confusing!  It is such a strange feeling to have the guilt, fear, and pressure that I really didn’t even know was there - GONE. I’ve always been an out-of-the-box thinker, but I believe it’s only been recently that I’ve been a deep thinker.  Not sure if that makes much sense, but it is the only way I can explain why or how much I questioned stuff but never had enough cog dis to actually do anything about it.  Now that I am standing back and looking at my life, I realize how much subliminal discrimination existed.  Kinda sucks to come face-to-face with it, yet it feels good to be able to give myself a break and pat myself on the back for doing what I’ve done amid the confusion.  It almost gives me more energy and motivation to forge a new path somewhere I never imagined going or being before.

I don't have anywhere else to post my thoughts in relative obscurity, so... THIS will have to be the place.  

5 comments:

Thotman said...

Yes, I believe you aren't... This is a serious topic, but it made me think of the time believed I was a dyslexic agnostic insomniac... You know I stayed up all night wondering if there isn't a DOG.. As I read this I wondered not if you are or you aren't...but what you WANT to BE. I suppose in the end that is what will determine if you is or if you ain't...I once thot of myself as someone who "could not honestly believe in God"... until I realized that I don't mind the HOPE a little of such beliefs allow...and realized that it is not a black and white question, but something I can believe some part of...you know...somewhere between 58.4734% and 73.143% of it... on any given day...

Gretchen. said...

But, I think truth is black and white. THAT's the problem. If it is "true" then it has to BE.

Hope is fine, but I don't want to base my life and the way I make decisions on a vague hope.

My percentages are much lower, in reality - like 14.3254%

Thotman said...

I know you think truth is black and white...and that if its true it must BE...I think in a few years you will realize, however that what you just stated is NOT the case...we will have to see if I am right... Vague hope...what exactly is vague hope...as opposed to specific hope?..hope under a magnifying glass?...Bob Hope...Hi, I'm Bing would you like to make a film called Road to the gray areas of life?...
Mine used to be even lower than 14%...but with time and a change of HOW I see the world...that has risen little by little... Who knows, maybe its a permanent number for you...Nnaaahhhhhh not someone who has not yet explored "spectral city" or clicked the heels of her Ruby Slippers together and said...there's no place like Orem...there't no place like Orem...etc..

And just to reiterate one more time...TRUTH is NOT black and white... trust me on this one, I have thunk it both ways...

Thotman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxy Cross said...

So it's been almost 2 years since you posted here. How bout some good stuff about where you are now and what you have learned and shizzz....