Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Coupon Addiction

I wanted to SHOOT myself last night. I had planned for about 5 hours yesterday (ya, it takes me that long cuz I am coupon-disabled) exactly what, where, and how to get some great deals at Rite Aid. I had those P&G coupons that expired on the 31st of July, so I wanted to use them.

After a late dinner at my parents' home, I hung around the kitchen and chatted with my mom for a little while, then at 8:50pm after the kids were settled, I left for my BIG trip. I peacefully (read: no kids in van) drove the 8 min it takes to get to "the corners" where Rite Aid is on one corner, and Walgreen's is the other. Convenient, to be sure! I pulled in to the Rite Aid parking lot with butterflies in my stomach at the thought of all the deals I was going to get, and was happily surprised to see that there were only two cars in the lot - "lucky me" I thought, "I'll have the whole place to myself!" It was then that I noticed the store lights were rather dim. A closer look at the big red sign on the door allowed me to see the hours of operation which included a closing time of 9:00pm. I looked at my digital clock - 9:00pm ARGH!!! :ohno:

I gotta admit that the amount of time wasted getting everything together earlier in the day, and the amount of money wasted by being late (which made the now-expired coupons worthless), held no candle to the amount of self I wanted to get wasted for being so DUMB!

'Course since I'm a good non-drinkin', non-smokin', church goin' gal, my only vice in the "wasting" catagory was to head home and take an Ambien from my stash of pills - the one thing I can seem to keep in stock! (That would be a big :bowdown: to my parents who spent time enough in India to get a year's supply for me for $40. Now THAT is a deal!! Didn't even have to use a coupon! :h5: )

While I may be shopping-challenged and seem to have a difficult time when it comes to figuring out what is a good deal and what is a great deal, by golly I DO know what time Rite Aid closes, and I'll never forget it!

...I'm off to take another Ambien... just for good measure! :sleep:

No comments: