Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The "don't"s of being me.

I was raised Mormon, in the heart of the Mormon capitol of the world... UTAH!

Just some basic info: we don't have horns, or more than one wife (and certainly not more than one husband!!! lol), and we all don't have 10 kids and one on the way!! We do get married in the temple, but there is nothing WEIRD that goes on in there... and don't ask me what DOES go on in there, cuz i can't tell you or I'd have to kill you... or baptize you. :rofl: :rofl: We don't think there are only a certain number of people who get in to heaven, and we don't think Joseph Smith is Jesus Christ! We don't have a bible that is any different from the King James version (which is the one we use), and we don't drink and don't smoke, but we do eventually have... well, you know... the "S" word :ohno: but only after we are married. :eek3: LOLOLOL

We do try to live by the Golden Rule, but it usually doesn't seem to work very well.
We do not drink coffee, but we do try to buy all the Diet Coke that we can possibly fit in our minivans using FACEBOOK coupons. (Well, ok, that part is just about me...)
We do send our 19yr old sons away for 2 years to be missionaries somewhere in the world... but I haven't.
We don't get divorced... but I did.
We don't want moms to work outside of the home... but I do.
We don't swear... but I do that too.
We don't gamble... but I only do that if I go through Vegas.

Gee... I'm not a very good Mormon, am I? :pat:

4 comments:

JWR said...

This post took an odd turn... I am going to have to watch this blog so that I can be more current.

Thotman said...

Actually I wonder if those items anything to do with the kind of Mormon one is...I think it might have more to do with if you like the person you are and find in what you actually believe...something of even minimal value. Mormon Churches should have another sign right below the visitors welcome sign...which reads... [ "Sinners" preferred ]...I love your blog...seriously good stuff you write.

Gretchen. said...

Thanks, Thotman.

It would be nice if the LDS church had yet another sign that said "if you like the person you are and know what you actually believe COME ON IN!" At least Gospel Doctrine class would be more exciting.

Thotman said...

Mine does...and I do go from time to time and I do think if I ask the right questions it gets interesting fast... Never have worried about being bored, I can always just ask a questions or make a comment--- that livens things up...a lot